1. To increase the awareness level of the municipality authorities regarding climate change;
2. To increase the information level of the public authorities of Romania’s municipalities regarding the necessity to act locally for mitigation of climate change;
3. To enhance partnerships between the non-governmental sector and the public local authorities in order to protect the environment through local actions of climate change mitigation.
– Publishing of informative material;
– Organizing 8 regional meetings with the representatives of local and environmental authorities from municipalities;
– Designing two GHG emission inventories for two towns;
– Drafting 2 local sustainable development strategies that would serve as a model for local authorities;
– Organizing a national conference.
Target group: the local authorities from the 8 regions in Romania
Partner: The Association of Municipalities in Romania
Implementation period: March 2009-March 2010
Donor: EEA Grants