The aim of the project is raising awareness regarding nuclear waste disposal in Romania.
1. To increase the level of networking among Romanian NGOs (environmental and social);
2. To raise awareness and level of information regarding nuclear waste storage facilities in Saligny area;
3. To increase the level of responsibility and accountability of local decision-makers in Saligny.
– A social evaluation of the Saligny population’s level of awareness and information regarding the planned nuclear waste final storage facility in their area;
– A seminar tackling environmental and health risks associated to nuclear waste, at a national level;
– Information and awareness raising campaign in Saligny;
– Bringing the nuclear waste management issue on the public agenda;
– Organizing a round table with local elected representatives of Saligny and NGOs;
– Monitoring the progress regarding Cernavoda 3rd and 4th units and Belene NPP in Bulgaria.
Period: December 2007 – September 2008