The project aims to promote sustainable transport in Bucharest, as a solution to greenhouse gas emissions’ reduction, having as main target group the users of surface public transport in Bucharest, as well as local public authorities.
The project’s specific objectives are:
1. raising the population and local public authorities’ awareness about greenhouse gas emissions reduction though the use of public transport;
2. increasing the level of promotion of the “Bucharest Transport Master plan”, in the sense of a better promotion of the public transport and encouraging the population to use it.
– Conducting a public opinion survey on a sample of 1100 public transport users in Bucharest;
– Elaboration of a report containing recommendations to the current Bucharest’s transport master plan;
– An advocacy campaign at the level of local public administration in Bucharest in order to promote the measures of improving the current transport master plan;
– Modernizing one pilot bus line; elaboration of promotional instruments which will promote public transport;
– Organizing a 5 day training on environmental management (specializing in climate change and transport) for local public administration, NGO and transport trade unions’ representatives.
Target groups: public transport users and local public administration.
Donor: The European Union through Phare 2006 programme.