Within this project, we managed to identify easy, free or low-cost solutions for mitigation and adaptation to climate change, which were presented to rural communities. All of the feasible solutions were introduced in the “Green Solutions Handbook”. This publication reveals the following study cases:
– Building a solar collector;
– Producing compost;
– Building a small scale wind generator;
– Put-up your own birch fence;
– Recycle paper and produce a new sheet of paper;
– How to make your own biogas plant;
– How to insulate your home (doors, windows, attic);
– Producing soap from waste oil;
– Build-up a solar dryer;
– Facts about perm culture.
Main activities during this project:
– Preparing and distribute 500 copies (in Romanian) of “Green Solutions Handbook” in rural communities with the help of our partners Climate Action Network Romania (CAN – RO) and Romanian Association of Communes.
– Organize an workshop which took place between 9th and 10th of April 2011 with participation of CAN – RO in which were presented the study cases from “Green Solutions Handbook”.
Period: August 2010 – July 2011
Funded by: The Body Shop Foundation